Saturday, May 3, 2014

Welcome Summer!

It was a nice warm week here in Seattle. The beautiful sunny days made me think about what I'm going to want to wear this summer. Fun easy breezy dresses are the best way to bask in the glory of the sun.

Nautical fashion never seams to go out of style, and why should it! How can we not always love the lure of the Sea. I've made this dress in 2 sizes and it's a new take on one of my favorite patterns, I'm going to see about taking these along with a few others to Sassafras this coming week.

I love this Japanese floral fabric with little pandas hidden in it. I'm a fan of yellow, and I've always wanted to make a yellow dress for myself, but my coloring doesn't agree with the idea. So keeping the yellow away from my face is how I'm going to compromise ;)

I've been re claiming some of my own dresses this week, and I'm having a great time pairing the bits of fabric that I have with other fabrics that I can find.  This dress is available on my Etsy site https://www.etsy.com/listing/188169997/yakuza-tattoo?ref=shop_home_active_1

One of my favorite stores to make dresses for is Monster in Ballard, http://www.monsterartandclothing.com/
I get to make the most colorful and creative dresses of my dreams for the costumers there.

I made a size run of a different dress style with these cute little foxes, and I had a bit of fabric left over so I got to make this lovely foxy dress. I think she will go to Sassafras too :) http://www.sassafras-seattle.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment